Looking for your missing piece?
I may be able to help you. Since 2012 I have worked full time as a freelance contractor. My range of work has varied, allowing me to use the skills I have as well as learn and develop additional competencies. To date I have worked in the following capacities:
- web site maintenance
- ebook formatting
- book reviewing, interviewing and other writing
- social media
- data management and organization
- serving as a virtual assistant
I am comfortable working with both Macs and PCs; am proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; and have been steadily increasing my skills with Photoshop. I have experience working with several basic audio and video editing software programs. Through my work with web site maintenance, I've become familiar with basic HTML and continue to learn in that realm as well.
Since 2012, I have completed course work in the following areas:
- WordPress site creation & maintenance
- eBook formatting
- Graphic design
- Web development
Prior to self-employment, I earned a degree in English and Sports Medicine from Baldwin-Wallace College and continued on to work as a high school teacher, a technical writer for an accounting software company and a professional development coordinator.
As a hobby I have maintained my book review blog since 2008, improving my writing skills as well as my knowledge of the social media realm.
So if you have a task that needs a specially qualified person, a role that doesn't seem to fit anyone else, let's talk. I may be your missing piece.
Check out some of my work
- Reviews and interviews for Shelf Awareness
- One of my reviews for AudioFile Magazine
- I created the Canine Club's website, including taking many of the pictures used on the site, and have continued to provide help with newsletters, social media and website maintenance
- A non-fiction book I formatted for all ebook options as well as print
You can contact me by email for further information, please include "freelance work" in your subject line.