It's Friday! I hope you've enjoyed a wonderful week and are looking forward to a fun weekend. I'm hoping to get a lot of outside work done and spend some time reading on my front porch!
If you haven't been enjoying the wonderful submissions for this year's Get Caught Reading series, I hope you'll check out the Crime Critters Caught Reading Crime soon. We have more wonderful critters coming your way next week, so be sure to check back!
Sending out congratulations to Ginny in Virginia (I just love that!). Random Number Generator chose her number as the winner of A Cold and Lonely Place. Thanks to everyone who entered!
If I have any readers in Ontario, be on the lookout folks! There's a collection of crime fiction authors touring your way starting next week. You can see all the details on that at Hilary Davidson's blog. She's one of the group making the rounds up North.
Last night the Edgar® Awards were revealed. Congrats to this year's winners!
This week I learned that this author has a book in the pipeline and this author has a new mystery series book deal. Happy dances all around!
And finally the May Nerdy Special List is up. Take a look at what I'm recommending for May. I am still working on a few more May releases, but regardless, my choice is a definite don't miss!
Before I get to our feature today, the usual roundup of contests for those who want to win some books:
Lesa has two cozy mysteries related to music.
Friday Reads is super hot with The Mystery Box short story collection, Daniel Palmer's Stolen, and David Morrell's Murder as a Fine Art.
So that's it for my yakking today. Now I want to introduce our feature author for Five on Friday. Matt Coyle is preparing to launch his debut novel, Yesteryday's Echo, into the world on Tuesday. You know I perked up immediately upon hearing that one of his contemporary influences is Robert Crais. Matt hails from Southern California as well. On his road to publication he's paid the bills by working in the restaurant business, selling golf clubs and later selling sports memorabilia.
It is my distinct pleasure to introduce you all to Matt Coyle. I have a feeling you are witnessing the beginning of a great crime fiction career in Mr. Coyle!
1. If I could tell my 16-year-old self one piece of advice, knowing what I know now, it would be: Force yourself outside your comfort zone. It's scary and there will be failure, but great success can only be achieved by striving beyond your reach.
2. The best gift I ever received was: My wife teaching herself how to play the song, "Home" on the guitar and signing it to me on our anniversary. It was the song we strode out of the wedding ceremony as a married couple.
3. One thing I have no tolerance for is: People who are oblivious to those around them.
4. When I’m feeling under the weather, I…. Get under a blanket on the couch and watch "Deadwood' episodes from the first to the last.
5. The #1 item on my bucket list right now is: Go to Ireland.
Yes, I heard that collective "Awwwww" after #2! And I have no tolerance for people who are oblivious to those around them either. They make me want to become a recluse!
And don't you love that picture of Matt & Angus? It warms my heart! Many thanks to Matt for making time for us during this very busy week before release day. And thanks to everyone for stopping by. Have a great weekend and HAPPY READING!