It's the last day of May! This year is just cruising by, isn't it? It's definitely going to fast for me to keep up with all the great books. And this summer promises some additional great books. I'm definitely looking forward to it.
I'm also looking forward to June for a celebration of audiobooks. I have a lot of audiobook fun lined up for the entire month. Hope you'll check it out. And it's also a great time to try an audiobook if you haven't ever given it a try before.
I don't have much to clamor about today, so let me give the contest round-up and we'll welcome our guest for Five on Friday!
FridayReads has a giveaway that is too big to list, so go over and check out all the loot you can win there!
And while you're on Facebook, if you're a cozy fan, you may want to check out Kate Carlisle's big "Lucky 13" giveaway as well.
At Criminal Element there is still time to enter their "Spring Cleaning" giveaway AND they have a chance for you to win the entire series of Walt Longmire books!
Lesa Holstine has another copy of Beth Hoffman's Looking for Me to give away.
And last, but certainly not least, I have a copy of Craig Johnson's A Serpent's Tooth and Death Without Company that I'm giving away.
O.k. lots of books, lots of chances to win. Go forth and enter.
I'm excited to welcome Lori Roy to the blog. This is a first visit from Lori, but I'm hoping it won't be the last. An accountant turned crime writer, her first novel, BENT ROAD, won the Edgar. Her follow-up, UNTIL SHE COMES HOME, is due out June 13th. I'm chomping at the bit to dig into my copy of this one.
Please help me in welcoming Lori to the 5 on Friday series:
An almost complete Roy family photo - Dad's behind the camera!
1. My biggest pet peeve is people who cut in line. We’re all busy. Wait your turn like the rest of us.
2. A superstition or ritual I have to observe when I write is when I am nearing the end of a manuscript, I take a break to clean out my office. It spirals into a terrible mess while I’m writing.
3. My favorite toppings on a pizza are Italian sausage, mushroom and onion.
4. My favorite t-shirt (that I own) is an oversized grey t-shirt from the University where my son attends school.
5. The #1 item on my bucket list right now is a trip to Italy for my husband and me after our daughter graduates.
I'm seeing an Italian theme to Lori's answers here! And remind me not to cut in line when she's around...actually, no I hate that, too...and people who try to cut in to a driving lane because they didn't want to wait in the line like everyone else. Grrrrr! Oh wait, I'm not supposed to be getting angry, it's Friday and it's almost June! Many thanks to Lori for her time and responses. And thanks to everyone for stopping by today. Have a great weekend and Happy Reading!