Happy Friday everyone! I hope you didn't think I abandoned you. I've been hanging out in Milwaukee with my friends who publish Crimespree Magazine, John and Ruth Jordan. On Tuesday we attended Robert Crais' event at Mystery One, and today we'll be seeing Ian Rankin (if you missed Ian's Five on Friday, be sure to check that one out). It's been an exciting week for me and I'll have plenty to share with YOU all next week.
Today, be sure to stop by the Friday Reads Facebook page where you can enter for a chance to win Elizabeth Haynes' INTO THE DARKEST CORNER.
But, I couldn't neglect the Five on Friday post for this week. I'm very psyched to have Todd Ritter joining us today. Todd has written two books set in Perry Hollow, Pennsylvania, featuring police chief Kat Campbell. His third book will be out this summer. Most of you know how I feel about great, strong female protagonists and that's exactly what you'll find in Todd's books. He hooked me from page one, so I'm super excited that he agreed to join us for Five on Friday.
1. When I was a kid, my favorite thing to get in my trick-or-treat bag was Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I could probably eat a whole bag of them. Now that I’m too old to go trick-or-treating, I buy them for those who can. (And hope none of them show up so I can have all that candy to myself.)
2. My five favorite movies of all time are...A question guaranteed to earn me much mockery. But here they are:
And no, those last two aren’t typos.
- Rear Window
- The Silence of the Lambs
- The Sound of Music
- Mary Poppins
3. The one food I absolutely will not eat is meat. I used to eat it. Quite a bit. But I’m a huge animal lover, so two years ago, I became a pescetarian, which means I still eat seafood from time to time. My motto is: Fins, yes. Fur or feathers, no.
4. My favorite time of day is: I used to be a serious night owl, not going to bed until four or five in the morning. Which makes it ironic that my favorite time of day now is the morning, especially the first hour or so after I wake up. I like to settle in with my coffee and plan my day. Usually nothing goes the way I planned it, but in that first hour, there’s hope and possibility. And coffee. Did I mention coffee? It bears repeating.
5. The #1 item on my bucket list right now is: anyone who follows me on Twitter or Facebook probably knows that I am a hopeless Disney geek. I make no attempt to hide it. So the biggest item on my bucket list is to visit every Disney park in the world. I’ve been to all the ones in America several times, so that’s covered. But now I need to get to Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong and, soon, Shanghai. So if anyone from Disney is reading this, I’ll gladly write for park tickets. Seriously.
If Todd needs an assistant to travel with him to the other Disney parks, I'll be happy to volunteer for the job! Many, many thanks to Todd for joining us. I'll be looking forward to reading Devil's Night this summer.
Have a great weekend, all! Hope it's filled with lots of good reading time.