Yay, it's Friday! I hope you all had a great week and are looking forward to the weekend. Do you have great things to read this weekend or are you going to be out holiday shopping? Hopefully you'll have time for both.
Just a reminder that the last day to enter the paver stone giveaway is tomorrow, so make sure you get your entry in for that.
Lots of folks stopped by yesterday to see 2012's Sexiest Male Authors of Crime Fiction. Be sure to stop back on Monday to see Crime Fiction's Sexiest FEMALE authors this year. They're a fun bunch!
Congrats to the crime fiction authors who made Kirkus' top 100 fiction books of 2012!
O.k. I'm keeping it short today, so I can get right to our featured guest. Juliet Blackwell is the author of the Witchcraft Mystery Series and the Haunted Home Renovation Series, the third of which, MURDER ON THE HOUSE, is coming out this Tuesday!
And in her secret other life, she's an extremely talented painter. I think she got the lion's share of the artistic talent! She's also smart, funny, beautiful....hey, wait! I think she got the lion's share of everything! But she's also extremely kind and generous, so I think she deserves lots of greatness.
Please help me welcome her here to the blog. Juliet Blackwell!
1. When I was a kid, my favorite thing to get in my trick-or-treat bag was Candy corn! It beats out even the min-chocolate bars. I can’t even believe you’d ask me that question ☺
2. My five favorite movies of all time are:
1. Practical Magic (witches, and Aidan Quinn? Sold!);
2. The Others (great ghost story);
3. Miss Congeniality (guilty pleasure; I probably know that movie by heart);
4. Pride and Prejudice, the BBC mini-series. (Does that count as a movie?) Anyway, I know *that* movie by heart, too!
5. Little Miss Sunshine (so well-cast, absurd, funny, and heartwarming.)
DISCLAIMER: These were off the top of my head, and are movies I’ve seen within the last couple of months. I’m sure I’m missing at least ten of my favorites, and if people start mentioning other movies I’d jump ship to those. I’m a Libra, and I have a very hard time making decisions ☺
3. The one food I absolutely will not eat is Vegemite. I mean, seriously. What’s the deal? I tried seal, and crickets, and a lot of other odd foods when I was an anthropologist, but I’ve never understood the passionate lovers of Vegemite.
4. My favorite time of day is ‘tini time! Seriously, I love between five or six o’clock. If I still feel inspired to work, I feel virtuous because I know *some* people have already clocked out. Or if I’ve done a good day’s work, I know I can relax and look forward to enjoying an evening with friends. Next week, for instance, I’m meeting a small gang of writers in a bar to eat tacos off a truck…the anticipation of an evening like that will keep me going, happy, all day long!
5. The #1 item on my bucket list right now is: Wow, that’s a tough one. I just turned 50, and I accomplished my goal of “living” in France – just for one month, but it was a glorious month! So I’ve been thinking about what’s next…I think it might be a tour of whiskey distilleries in Scotland, on the back of a motorcycle driven by a handsome fellow I know. Or else…a motorcycle tour along the coast of Spain. That would be serious fun.
Juliet plans on having no regrets after the first time around on this planet! So thrilled that she was able to make time to hang out with us between living in France and writing books and eating crickets! Hope you enjoyed her responses as much as I did. Many thanks to Juliet. And thanks to everyone for stopping by today! Have a great weekend and happy reading!