Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Life According to Books 2012

Several years ago, my friend and fellow blogger, Pop Culture Nerd, started an annual tradition for us. She posted her "Life According to Books" based on a post she had seen. Since then, each year she creates new starter sentences and we each complete the sentences with book titles from things we've read in that year. I always look forward this fun meme.

Yesterday she posted her 2012 version. Be sure to stop over and see her fun responses. And today I have mine for you. So here we go:

Every Monday I look/feel like THE FEAR ARTIST (Timothy Hallinan)

Last time I went to a doctor/therapist was because (of) THE CUT (George Pelecanos)

Last meal I ate was BEFORE THE POISON (Peter Robinson)

My savings account is CRIMINAL (Karin Slaughter)
When a creepy guy asks for my number I LOCKDOWN (Sean Black)

Ignorant politicians make me HEARTBROKEN (Lisa Unger)

Some people need to spend more time ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING INDIAN (Rupinder Gill)

My memoir could be titled THE WHOLE LIE (Steve Ulfelder)

If I could have, I would’ve told my teenage self THE THINGS THAT KEEP US HERE (Carla Buckley)

In five years I hope I am TAKEN (Robert Crais)

I love to see what others say for this, so either leave your responses in the comments or make your own blog post and share the link with me so I can check them out. It's fun, give it a try.

Happy Reading!

Naomi Johnson September 25, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Yikes! Nice list but that last one is a little scary.

bermudaonion September 25, 2012 at 9:12 AM

This meme is always fun!

Jen September 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Naomi! Isn't it funny how people interpret differently. When I wrote it I was thinking "taken" in terms of a relationship. Ha!

Naomi Johnson September 25, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I figured as much, but my first thought was in light of what it meant in the book. Got my list up now and the best response I could come up with is to the question about the meal.

Pop Culture Nerd September 25, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Haha! I read that last one as you hope to be taken by Robert Crais in five years!

I know. Can't take me anywhere.

Thanks for always being so enthusiastic about this game, Jen!

Hillary September 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM

this meme looks like fun! I really enjoyed your responses.

SuziQoregon September 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Thank you for posting this. I had fun with this last year and had missed it this year until I saw your post. I'll put mine together this weekend and post it on Monday.

Of course you stole my best last meal answer so I'll have to see what else I have to choose from.

and I also interpreted your last one the same way that Pop Culture Nerd did. Mentally inserted that "by" between Taken and Robert Crais.