Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sara J. Henry - Crime Readers Caught Reading Crime...

...at an indie bookstore.

Ah ha! Today we've caught Sara J. Henry deep in a book at her indie bookstore of choice, Mysteries & More in Nashville, Tennessee. Sara's debut novel, LEARNING TO SWIM, came out earlier this year. In her shady spot at Mysteries & More, Sara's enjoying HAILEY'S WAR by Jodi Compton. This is what Sara has to say about book and bookstore:
I love this book partly for the crisp, seamless writing and partly for the kick-ass heroine with a deep internal struggle who also happens to ride a bicycle, and am greatly looking forward to the sequel, Thieves Get Rich, Saints Get Shot, coming out in July. And I love Mysteries & More because I adore the owners, Greg and Mary Bruss, who always have time to chat and have tea or coffee, and their delightful, comfortable, cozy bookstore.

Many thanks to Sara and her photographer, Christine McCann. This beautiful sunny day setting is making me very envious. I'm ready to be reading out on MY porch!

Check back for more in the Crime Readers Caught Reading Crime at an indie bookstore series. And as always...happy reading!

bermudaonion May 12, 2011 at 8:20 AM

I love that there's an area outside to read at that bookstore!

Sara J. Henry May 12, 2011 at 9:07 AM

I love it that I decided to pair a Hawaiian shirt with camp shorts that day - sartorial splendor apparently will never be my thing. Hey, there's also a glorious area INSIDE the store for reading, with huge comfy chairs.

Kay May 12, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Another bookstore to add to my travel list. Doesn't everyone travel and visit bookstores? LOL

Loved Sara's book, BTW.

Pop Culture Nerd May 12, 2011 at 4:02 PM

I just made like Harry Potter and apparated myself there. Nice pic, Sara and Christine.

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) May 15, 2011 at 1:32 PM

So glad to find this blog! I've been looking for more mystery lovers. i too will be at BEA. Hope to meet you!

Michelle

Christine May 15, 2011 at 10:20 PM

It's never a "quick trip" to Mysteries & More...usually an hour & half minimum. It's always so wonderful hanging out and chatting with Greg and Mary. I will definitely introduce you to them at Bouchercon!

kathy d. May 16, 2011 at 1:57 AM

It would be worth moving to Nashville to sit in this bookstore, chat about books and have coffee with what seem like lovely and interesting bookstore owners.