Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Linda Fairstein - Crime Readers Caught Reading Crime...

...in an indie bookstore.

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I have a lot to share from my week at BEA and I'm organizing that all up for you, but first I have a few crime readers left to share with you. And while we're going to run into June, I think these are readers well worth sharing. So let's not waste any time.

Many of you who read here often know that I credit Linda Fairstein as one of the authors who hooked me on crime fiction. I thought of Linda regularly as I walked through New York City last week. Her books just bring the city alive for those of us who don't live there. Her most recent novel is SILENT MERCY.  This year I was finally able to meet her in person, and I know that Hilary Davidson is an author Linda is highly recommending to everyone, so I find it especially fitting that she is caught reading Hilary's debut, THE DAMAGE DONE at BookHampton.

Linda and Hilary are truly two of the most charming women I know. I'm very pleased to have them be a part of this feature. What have YOU been caught reading lately?

Beth F May 31, 2011 at 6:46 AM

I don't comment often on this series, but I'm having fun seeing the photos.

Kay May 31, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Jen, this series has been lots of fun. Doesn't Linda Fairstein look beautiful in this picture? It's been a while since I read one of her books. Need to do so again. And, I do have THE DAMAGE DONE on my list. In fact, I'm pretty sure I have a copy of it packed away.

bermudaonion May 31, 2011 at 1:32 PM

I love it! I know a lot of people who are fans of Linda's.

jenclair May 31, 2011 at 3:34 PM

I've read everything the library has by Fairstein. I've enjoyed her stays at the Vineyard, too. Someday, I'll visit Martha's Vineyard, but not without thinking of Fairstein!

Hilary Davidson May 31, 2011 at 8:07 PM

I've been a huge fan of Linda Fairstein's for years, so I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to me that she's been recommending my book. She's an incredible writer, and she's also an amazingly generous human being.

Jen May 31, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I'm so glad you've all been enjoying the series. It's been tremendous fun to put together and I love that it's included bloggers, authors, readers...everyone! I love to see people reading. :-)

And Linda is wonderful. I'm so thrilled to have her included. Glad to hear there are other Fairstein fans like me out there!